When you’re on vacation, you want to eliminate distractions so you can be present and enjoy yourself in the moment. The last thing you want to do is waste your time worrying about hair removal. When you shave, stubble appears almost immediately, requiring you to spend more of your valuable vacation time tending to your unwanted hair. Shaving is not only inconvenient, but it is also less effective than waxing. Not only does your hair grow back in a matter of days (or even hours), you’re also more prone to experience irritants including razor burn and ingrown hairs. When you wax, you are smoother for longer and less prone to ingrown hairs provided you take the proper preventative measures. Hair removal won’t even be a thought when you get waxed before your vacation because you can expect smooth, hairless results for 3-6 weeks following.
In preparation for your vacation, there are a few things to consider before waxing. We recommend scheduling your appointment 2-3 days before your vacation to adhere to the following aftercare instructions.
- Avoid touching the waxed area and keep clean for 48 hours.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure for 48 hours, as your waxed skin is more susceptible to burning.
- Do not apply artificial tanner on the waxed area for 24 hours.
- Avoid activities that may cause you to become extremely hot or sweaty for 24 hours including working out, swimming, baths, saunas, steam rooms, hot tubs, etc.
- Avoid friction from tight fitting, restrictive clothing for 24 hours as well as materials including spandex, lace, nylon, etc. We recommend loose fitted, cotton clothing to allow the area to breathe.
- Avoid any form of fragrance on the area for 24 hours including perfume, makeup, deodorant, etc. that may cause irritation.
- Use a physical or chemical exfoliant on the waxed area after 48 hours to prevent ingrown hairs. Continue exfoliating 2-3 times per week. At Haven Esthetics, we have several products our clients love.
For the initial 24 hours after your waxing service, it is normal to experience some redness and swelling. Any adverse effects should subside by the time of your vacation if you follow the aftercare instructions.
You want to make the most of your vacation. If facial or body hair makes you feel self-conscious, these insecurities might be heightened if you’re wearing a swimsuit that exposes these areas. With our waxing services, you can feel more confident in your skin. Regardless of your concern, Haven Esthetics can assist you. We would be proud to provide you with our waxing services. Book an appointment online before your next vacation!